AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for over 50 years. AXYS manufactures and services offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring, process control and Renewable offshore energy assessment. We serve a global market with clients in over 50 countries worldwide. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is a Gold Level Green Business certified company, offering competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
Our Inventory Lead will be retiring at the end of this calendar year, and the Production Team requires an assistant to the Inventory Lead to manage our global inventory who can be mentored to take on the leadership position. This position will present the right candidate with an excellent opportunity to join a strong, established, and growing organization with an excellent reputation for innovative products, outstanding customer service, and a great work environment. This role is located in our Sidney, British Columbia office, but will be responsible for tracking repositories located all over the world.
The Assistant Inventory Lead is responsible for maintaining the inventory of components and supplies for all AXYS products. This function is responsible for receiving all products, materials and supplies and ensuring they all meet AXYS’s quality assurance requirements. This position is hands-on and well suited to someone who is highly motivated and has the drive and enthusiasm in what can sometimes be a very challenging environment and role.
· Maintains the global inventory of materials and supplies for products manufactured by the Company.
· Assists in managing the inventory team including with hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations activities.
· Documents daily deliveries and shipments to update the ERP inventory system. Advises discrepancies in quantity, price, and quality.
· Performs quality control on all incoming shipments to ensure that goods meet AXYS’s specifications requirements, the items are not damaged, that packing slip conforms to contents of the shipment, and that prompt, appropriate action is taken when required. Occasional local travel to suppliers’ sites and perform on-site receiving inspections may be required.
· Kits materials for production in accordance with the Work Orders & the Bill of Materials, identify shortages and work with Purchaser to ensure replenishment arrive on time.
· Recommends adjustments to inventory levels to ensure that production can meet delivery schedules.
· Responsible for the stock room and warehouse organization and maintenance.
· Assists in following the status of incoming purchase orders, advises on delays or shortages.
· Works closely with members of the Finance team to perform the annual year-end inventory count and maintain cycle counts through the year.
· Develops and maintains good vendor relationships.
· Observes and follows all ISO and Health and Safety compliances, including the supervision of staff in this respect.
· Maintains, develops, and implements improved processes, best practices of inventory control and demand planning, as well as other activities to optimize supply chain processes and support company growth.
Key Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Global Supply Chain Administration or APICS certification or an equivalent post-secondary degree would be preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years related inventory management experience including at least five years in supply chain management in a similar industry, including international procurement experience; experience in cross border import and export; experience in out-sourcing domestically and off-shore.
· Highly motivated and positive attitude is essential to working in this very demanding and challenging role.
· Excellent problem solving and analytics skills as well as the ability to be able to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
· Solid customer service background and ability to get along with people from all walks of life.
· A flexible approach to negotiating and a willingness to be able to work to time sensitive deadlines is essential.
· Experience with the implementation and use of ERP systems and Inventory Control best practices. Previous experience with Intuitive ERP systems is also an asset.
· A collegial and confident management style. Solid communicator, with a proven ability to gain buy-in at all levels of the company. Encourage and develop employees to use their strongest abilities and promote achievement and accomplishment.
· Analytically minded, highly organized, detail oriented, and accustomed to managing sophisticated inventories.
· Ability to define, evaluate and implement strategies that continuously improve our supply chain and inventory management.
· Familiar with Microsoft Office as well as any industry standard computer programs.
· Forklift & Crane operation experience or certification would be an asset
· Experience using measurement & inspection equipment (Calipers, multimeters, thickness testers, etc.).
· Able to read CAD drawings and technical instructions is a must.
Full-time, Permanent, On-site
We have a full contagious disease protocol with work area hygiene and other measures in place to keep our employees, clients and vendors safe.
Please indicate your interest in employment here by completing this brief form and uploading your resume, etc. for review. We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.
Questions? Write to email@example.com